Friday, January 18, 2013

January is moving right along

I decided that for the new year I would start making this blog more personal. My husband Christopher and I are starting a family and expecting our first daughter in a few months so I would like this blog to serve as a place that we can keep our memories in one place.
One of our New Years Resolutions this year is to read 25 books in 2013 (about 2 a month). We have both found it difficult to find the time to sit and get any reading done but when we do it is SO worth it. I just finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and I really enjoyed it. It was a fairly quick read with so many life lessons packed into it! I have read 2 of his books before (Veronika Decides to Die and Eleven Minutes) and I always walk away from his stories feeling so good inside, so I probably will be reading more of his books this year! Christopher is reading one of my personal favorites Franny and Zooey by JD Salinger, but he has an even harder time finding time to read since he is always taking such good care of me!

Another New Years Res. is to start cooking more and finally using those recipes I keep pinning on Pinterest! Last night we made chicken enchiladas and I'm SO proud of myself!!! (This iPhone pic does NOT do them justice!)



The salsa was the best part! Tomatillos, jalapeƱo, and poblano...delicious!

There are so many positive things happening I just can't wait to see what else 2013 brings!

"When each day is the same as the next, it's because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises." - Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment